25 Questions you ask your photographer
- How far in advance do I need to book with you?
It’s a good idea to book 6 months to a year in advance. Especially for weddings held in the warmer months. Contact me via Check My Availability.
- What is your primary photography style?
I shoot both traditional and photo-journalistic styles. I feel that combining them together, tells the whole Story, not just pieces of it.
- What is your work style?
Very easy going and laid back. However, I do take my job seriously, but have fun at the same time. If treated with respect you get respect back.
- Do you shoot in black and white?
I don’t actually shoot in black and white, however, while post processing, I do select images for black and white conversions.
- Can I request specific shots or poses?
Absolutely at any time, even bring your ideas with you.
- Are you the photographer who will shoot my wedding?
YES I am!
- Do you shoot alone? Can I Meet your assistants?
Most of my shooting is with an assistant and you will get to meet with them.
- Can we view samples of your work?
Yes. A few different ways. Online, Prints, Books or Albums.
- Are you photographing other events the same day?
If you have retained your date (paid a deposit), then no, I will not be shooting any other events that day but yours. I’m all yours.
- Is it okay if other people take photos?
Yes, as long as they respect that I am your main photographer for this day and to give me room to work.
- Can I customize a package based on my needs?
Yes, if one of the current offerings do not work for you, we can figure something that does.
- Do you provide retouching or corrective services?
Yes, every image is viewed and adjusted if needed.
- How long after wedding can I see my proofs?
You should be able to view your proofs within 2-4 weeks.
- Will I receive a written contract?
Yes, you and I will go over the contract, you will sign and I will email you a copy or send a copy in the mail.
- Do you require a deposit?
Yes, a $250 Non-Refundable deposit will book your date.
- Do you have payments plans?
Yes, we can set you up with a payment plan, however, before releasing any product, the balance will need paid in full. We also take VISA, MC, Disc and Amex.
- What is your refund policy?
If for some reason the wedding is called off, then you will be refunded everything but the $250 deposit, unless we have rescheduled for another date. If images or products I provide are damaged upon arrival, I will pay to have them reprinted.
- Do you have liability insurance?
Yes, against theft, property damage and injury.
- What happens if the event lasts longer the originally planned?
My hourly rate will apply if the event goes over what you have previously purchased.
- Can I order additional products or prints?
Yes absolutely! You can click on this Proofs link or the Proofs link under Portfolio and find the party you wish to purchase images of. If you have the password, or know the party you should be able to figure out the password by following the “Hint”.
- What packages or products do you offer?
Currently I’m offering 5 options, each level providing more products as well as hours of shooting. We also customize to fit your needs.
- How many photos will we receive?
This is difficult to answer because it really depends on the number of hours we are shooting. Could range from a couple hundred to several thousand quality images between 2 photographers.
- Do you have backup gear?
Yes. Both myself and my assistant carry extra gear (batteries, lenses, cameras, flash, etc).
- Do you charge for travel expenses?
Yes, if the venue is more than 20 miles from Albany Oregon, I charge a per mile fee which includes return trip. If lodging is needed then client pays for the room prior to wedding.
- Are you available at any time if I have questions or concerns?
Yes, if you ever have any questions, concerns or ideas, before, during or after the event, please don’t hesitate to call (541)231-8920 or fill out my contact form.